I realize that it's been pretty quiet here on the blog lately. I don't know where the time goes. But I do have a few ideas that I hope to write about shortly. In the meantime, here are a few quick updates on what we've been up to here.
- Military Contact Pastor's Conference — was held here in El Paso at the beginning of November. Especially valuable to have that held here. We got to tour Fort Bliss and meet with the installation chaplain. Ministry to the military is a large part of our work here, and will only increase as Fort Bliss expands by 300% in the next few years.
- Year of Jubilee — Last Sunday we took the time to give attention to the synod's Year of Jubilee celebration/offering. It was a nice opportunity to study something that many people didn't know much about.
- Scenic Drive — Last Friday we took the kids for a little drive to a little park up on Scenic Drive that overlooks El Paso. You can see some of the pictures from that here.
- Thanksgiving — We held a service this evening. Tomorrow we'll be having dinner at a member's house.
- Advent —I'm pretty excited to start another church year. I realize that it means that busy times are ahead, but I wouldn't trade Advent for anything. I've been thinking lately about how much the church year reflects our life in Christ. Someday I'll write a post on that.