CategoriesBach Baptism Books Catechesis Chemnitz Children Church Year Confirmation Devotions El Paso Evening Family Food and Drink Grandpa Home Hospital Calls Hymnody iPhone Luther Lutheranism Marriage Military Ministry Music Prayer Quotations School Seelsorge Study Symbolics Tech Trinity Uncategorized Worship Writing
- "If the same thing happens to us wretched ministers of the Word that we have so few good and faithful..." December 11, 2014
- "The discords, arguments and disagreements of shepherds and wolves, of thieves and stewards, are the..." August 14, 2014
- "The world cannot wait. It is in a hurry because its time is nearing its end. It must always..." July 21, 2013
- "I do not seek your pardon if I have offended you by this deed; rather, you must cease taking..." July 10, 2013
- "A fight against “orthodoxism” has weight for the Lutheran Church only when it is..." June 25, 2013
Monthly Archives: February 2008
Walking Originally uploaded by revjwc Isaiah has been walking (sort of) for about a month now. But just in the past few days he has become more steady on his feet and more comfortable taking more steps. In this pictures … Continue reading
I’ve noticed that Lenten hymns, more than those of other seasons of the year, refer to the new life of faith on the part of the Christian who has realized what great cost was spent on his behalf. Notice that … Continue reading
IMG_4678.JPG Originally uploaded by revjwc On Saturday afternoon we walked to our neighborhood park for a few hours. It must have been exhausting, because soon after we got home, we discovered Andrew like this on the chair.
This is a post that I wrote last Lent. But I thought it was worth thinking about again. I had also promised to write another post and I never got around to it. This year I’ll make sure to do … Continue reading
I’ll try to catch up on the list of favorite hymns. For now I’m going to stick to Epiphany hymns. Maybe next year I’ll go through the list again and re-evaluate my hymns, but here they are for now: #4 … Continue reading
This post is a test. I’m using a desktop application called MacJournal to write this post. I’m checking to see how it works for posting to the blog. I’ve used MacJournal for several years as a journaling program (since 2003). … Continue reading
Hannah turned 5 on Wednesday. So I managed to put together a slideshow of pictures from her birthdays and from the past year. I’ve uploaded it to our .Mac Web Gallery and to YouTube. Enjoy!